Monday, April 5, 2010

Beep, Boop, Beep, Boop,

Hey people. Not a lot of time this morning. Suddenly I only have 4 days left to get ready for my show! I had one of those "unprepared" dreams the other night; I showed up to the show to find two snotty, superior acting interns had been assigned to create my booth display for me. Somehow I'd managed to forget everything. I didn't even have a pen, and people were beginning to stream in. They just rolled their eyes while I panicked.

Fortunately in real life things are going smoother, but I'll be working like a maniac right until the load-out, as is my custom.

In other SueNews:

Early spring seems here to stay where I live. It's been gorgeous out! It's been so fun getting to ride bikes again! Yesterday me and Dan rode the entire mountain bike trail for the first time all year.

All winter I've day dreamed about it, and how this year I'm going to really improve. I was so relieved and happy to feel how great Penny responded. She felt really natural, and my fear level was much lower, which really surprised me. That is by far my biggest obstacle. I still wussed on two downhills that have drops, and are steep, and have lots of rocks, but I rode some other stuff that was scary to me last year-- and no dismounts or incidents (aside from a couple close calls.) I even did a couple small wheelies going over humps or logs, trying to work up to jumping.

Things are pushing out of the ground, and buds are opening. It's an exciting time. I'm looking forward to smelling lilacs etc, and after next Sat, I'm back to no deadline. SA-WEEEEET!

1 comments:

Maery Rose said...

It's pretty impressive that you didn't lose everything you gained last year. I know how hard it is to start up again. I'm hoping I'll hit the trails with Luke next weekend. Looking forward to the show!