Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Dorkville

Hey people. In case any of you didn't know what I meant when I said me and Katie go right back into dork mode when we get together... Behold!



In the interest of full disclosure, all this footage was actually from my last trip, in dec. This is the kind of thing we get up to when we know we only have about an hour or two of fun time before being inundated with kidstuff.

This trip was more laid back, well, except for sex-robot dancing and pretending to be Charlie's Angels, annoying our husbands with dramatic, loud bad-singing along to the radio, and imitating anyone nearby, including each other.

We did wind-up going to Forever 21 one day. I'm always surprised no alarm goes off when we walk into that place. We were so busy having fun I didn't even think to capture any of it on film. We had a blast pretend trying on the clothes just like in the video though, and holding impromptu dance parties while gelled, skinny-jeans-wearing male sales associates gave us murderous glares of disapproval.

One thing about being 40 & over that is awesome-- such intimidating tactics have absolutely no effect on you. At all. If anything it just eggs us on. At one point I announced, to any of them within earshot, "Look, we're over 40. Don't fuck with us." Then I pretend put-on a super poufy, flouncy micro-mini that looked like it was made out of cotton candy that had been trimmed into some kind of poodle from outer space get-up.

Rough, gravelly, rednecky manvoice-- "No dawtah uv mahn is leavin' the house dressed like a common hohr!"
(Most of the dresses in this place leave you wondering if they really are supposed to be a dress or some kind of long shirt. They barely cover your butt!)
Whiny, Texas, drawly, girlvoice-- "Bhutt Daiddy!" ~stomp~
~bows at the end of this "Forever 21 theater" performance~
"What? No-- I don't need a dressing room. Go tag something Justin Beiber."

The only thing that would have made it more awesome would have been if school was out so we could have single-handedly de-cooled a bunch of stuff for the local teens. We can't wait until Megan is about 13 and we can follow her and her little tweeny pals around and embarrass the crap out of them. ~rubs hands together~

5 comments:

JKB said...

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

*happy sigh*

Oh how I missed you.

XO

Anonymous said...

You made me inhale milk...

Linda G. said...

LOL! Love it! Y'all are priceless!

I can't stand clothes shopping, but something tells me I'd find it tolerable with you guys along.

Unknown said...

Thanks guys. If you aren't having fun, you're doing it wrong!

Maery Rose said...

Were there no other customers in Target? I'd direct my sister to this video about how shopping should be but then she'd seem my snarky comments and I get enough of the stink eye as is.